Welcome to the Ghana High Commission in Sierra Leone's website. We seek to provide the following:
General information on the activities of the Mission Specific information on consular facilities and requirements Coverage of our Diaspora initiatives in Sierra Leone An up to date photo gallery of Mission's and related activities We also link clients to our broader national information portal.
Opening Hours - 9:00am to 4:00pm except on holidays
- HOM’s courtesy call on Dr Dickson at her UNFPA Office. July 25, 2016
- Head Of Mission Meeting with UNFPA Country Director July 25, 2016
- Head of Mission meets with Head of IOM July 25, 2016
- Ghanaian Community in Tombo July 25, 2016
- Ghapsil Send off Party for Destina Samani and Mr K. Sarpong July 12, 2016
The Republic of Ghana is located in West Africa. It borders Cote d'Ivoire to the west, Burkina Faso to the north, Togo to the east and the Gulf of Guinea to the south.
Ghana was inhabited in pre-colonial times by a number of ancient, predominantly Akan Kingdoms, including the Akwamus on the eastern coast, the inland Ashanti Empire and various Fante and non-Akan states like the Ga and Ewe states along the coast. Trade with European states flourished after contact with the Portuguese in the 15th century, and the British established a Crown Colony, the Gold Coast, in 1874.